VJCRGS owns, operates, or provides access to the website http://VJCRGS.com, including, but not limited to, emails and newsletters (collectively the "Site").
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website (the "Site") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect: (i) on the Site and (ii) in email and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. This Policy expressly incorporates by reference and includes the Site’s Terms & Conditions and any guidelines, rules or disclaimers that may be posted and updated on specific webpages or on notices that are sent to you. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you must not access or use the Site. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to this Policy.
If you are an EU national and reside in the EU, or are non-EU national residing in the EU, the data controller (as defined under EU data protection law) will be Bryn Mawr Communications LLC.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site, register for the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Links
Data We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number ("personal data");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you ("anonymous data"); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site and usage details.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect this information:
Directly from you when you provide it to us.
You may give us your personal data by filling in forms, or by corresponding with us by post, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- post or publish material (such as contributions) on the Site ("User Contributions");
- request information or services;
- report a problem with the Site;
- respond to a survey;
- enter into a transaction with us; or
- search queries on the Site.
Automatically as you navigate through the Site.
Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The information we collect automatically includes personal data, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
What Categories of Information We May Process
We may process: your personal data (e.g., your name); demographic data (e.g., date of birth); your contact details (e.g., your address); records of your consents, information about your interactions with our content or advertising; and any view or opinions you provide to us.
We may also Process information about you from your use of the Site (e.g., device, internet service provider, IP address, etc.)
"Process", "Processing" or "Processed" means anything that is done with any personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We may Process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Personal details: your name; username; password; NPI; OE number, license number; areas or topics of interest; bio; and photograph (if you or another user posts a photo on the Site).
- Demographic information: age/date of birth; nationality; prefix; suffix; occupation, company information, education, graduation year; work experience and other professional information.
- Contact details: postal address; telephone and/or mobile number; email address; website; and your public social media handles or profile(s).
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Location information: location data that describes the precise geographic location of your device.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you or other users choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms or in the Site, including on forums.
How We Use Your Information
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that the legal bases in the table below are required to be specified under EU data protection law, but are not required, or required to be specified, if you are not an EU citizen/do not reside in the EU.
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To provide you with the general use of our website
Getting to know users or potential users / colleagues / recruiters / employees / worker
consultants / service providers
Managing business communications with our users
Maintaining and managing our website
Responding to your communication(s) with us
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
Identification of relevant content shared with users and prospective users
Responding to your communication(s) with us
To notify you about changes to the Site or any services we offer or provide through it
Keeping users informed about our website and services provided through it
Maintaining and managing our website
To allow you to participate in interactive features on our site such as posting User Contributions
Maintaining and managing our website
Allowing user to make contributions to our website in their professional capacity in order to publicise or highlight certain aspects of their work
To send you marketing or promotional materials
Getting to know users or potential users / colleagues / recruiters / employees / workers / consultants / service providers
Identification of relevant content shared with users and prospective users
Understanding how you want us to communicate with you
Expanding our professional networks
On the basis of the consent that you have provided us to receive certain communications
To administer and protect our business and this website
Provision of administration and IT services
Performance documents and quarterly reports
To prevent fraud
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact Us at email@example.com
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
Our subsidiaries and affiliates
We may disclose your personal data to our other group entities including our offices based in the United States in order to provide you with tailored services and communications, or in accordance with our business administrative practices. If an entity is located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and if you are an EU national and reside in the EU, or are non-EU national residing in the EU.
- Cloud services - we may disclose your personal data to cloud service provider(s) located in the United States in order to store, back up and recover data.
- IT services - we may disclose your personal data to IT service providers located in the United States to provide us with services such as website hosting.
- Customer Relationship Management services- we may disclose your personal data to customer relationship management services located in the United States to store information, manage service activities and information across the group.
- Email Service Providers – we may disclose your personal data to email service providers located in the United States to provide us with email marketing services, online behavioural tracking, to store information, and reporting.
- Geo-Location Services - we may disclose your personal data to geo-location service providers located in the United States to provide us with services such as geo-targeting site content.
- Market Research Services - we may disclose your personal data to market research service providers located in the United States to provide us with services such as surveys/questionnaires.
- Application Provider Services - we may disclose your personal data to application service providers located in the United States to provide us with services such as event specific applications, and to store information.
Corporate transactions or events
- We may disclose your personal data to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about the Site’s users is among the assets transferred.
Other Third Parties
- Contractors - we may disclose your personal information to contractors located in the United States to provide us with product and/or advertising implementations.
- Third party - we may disclose your personal information to contractors located in the United States to market their products or services to you if you have knowingly opted in to these disclosures.
- Other users of the Site - Any User Contributions that you post and transmit to others shall be done your own risk.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Site’s Terms and Conditions and other agreement between us and you.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of VJCRGS, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share personal data with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties other than as set out in this Policy.
Some of our group entities and service providers are located in the United States and Europe. Accordingly, if you are an EU national and reside in the EU, or are non-EU national residing in the EU, please note that processing of your data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that where we use certain service providers based outside the EEA, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Such a transfer may also be necessary in order to perform a contract with you/fulfil your request and/or through obtaining your explicit consent.
Please Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on this specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Data Retention and Security
We retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for our relationship with you, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws. We do not collect more personal data than we need to fulfil our purposes stated in this Policy, and we will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and service providers who need to know that information in order to provide services to us and yourself. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your Legal Rights
If you are an EU national and reside in the EU, or are non-EU national residing in the EU then under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data. Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request transfer of your personal data. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent. If we rely on this as the legal basis of lawful processing, you may withdraw at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisor authority. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. Alternatively, if you are based in the EEA and outside of the UK, please contact your national regulator.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact Us at email@example.com
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Policy
We will post any changes we make to this Policy to this page along with a notice at the end of the Policy of the last date that any changes were made. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal data, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Site’s homepage.
You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active, and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
Last revised: 8.27.18
Terms and Conditions
This website ("Site") is owned and operated by Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery, 1945 CEI Drive Cincinnati, OH 45242, USA ("VJCRGS," "we," "us," or "our").
Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice. All changes are effective immediately when posted and apply to all access to and use of the Site thereafter. Please check this page periodically for any modifications. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of any changes will mean that you have accepted the changes.
Accessing the Site and Account Security
When utilizing the Site, you are prohibited from using ad blocking or ad filtering technology that would remove, alter, or otherwise disrupt the appearance of banner ads and/or sponsored content on our webpages.
We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms & Conditions.
Consent to Receiving Promotional Materials
By registering to use the Site, you authorize, agree and consent to receive, enewsletters, invitations to live and/or digital events, marketing, advertising, promotional or other commercial materials ("Promotional Materials") from Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery, its affiliates and business partners by email or other means of communication. Such materials may contain promotional content about pharmaceutical products and ophthalmic devices. You will receive no more than one third party email and one email promoting Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery, content per day. If you do not wish to have your contact information used to receive promotional materials, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, an option to be omitted from future email distributions will be included in such promotional email.
Copyrights and Limitations on Use
All content in this Site, including site layout, design, images, programs, text and other information (collectively, the "Content") is the property of Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery and its affiliated companies or licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. For rights regarding content submitted to the Site by users, see User Contributions.
You may not copy, display, distribute, modify, publish, reproduce, store, transmit, create derivative works from, or sell or license all or any part of the Content, products or services obtained from this Site in any medium to anyone, except as otherwise expressly permitted under applicable law or as described in these Terms and Conditions or relevant license or subscriber agreement.
You may print or download Content from the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not engage in systematic retrieval of Content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without prior written permission from Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery.
You agree that you will not use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs or devices to: (i) continuously and automatically search or index any Content, unless authorized by us; (ii) harvest personal information from the Site for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material; or (iii) cause disruption to the working of the Site. If this Site contains robot exclusion files or robot exclusion headers, you agree to honor them. Additionally, you agree not to (a) introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Site, (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site, (c) attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack or (d) otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. Any questions about whether a particular use is authorized and any requests for permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, display or make derivative works from any Content should be directed to Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use the services on the Site to publish or distribute any information (including software or other content) which is illegal, which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, which is abusive, hateful, profane, pornographic, threatening or vulgar, which contains errors, viruses or other harmful components, or which is otherwise actionable at law. Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery may at any time exercise editorial control over the content of any information or material that is submitted or distributed through its facilities and/or services.
You may not, without the approval of Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery, use the Site to publish or distribute any advertising, promotional material, or solicitation to other users of the Site to use any goods or services. For example (but without limitation), you may not use the Site to conduct any business, to solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law, or to solicit other users to become subscribers of other information services. Similarly, you may not use the Site to download and redistribute public information or shareware for personal gain or use the facilities and/or services to distribute multiple copies of public domain information or shareware.
From time to time we may restrict access to all or specific pages of the Site.
All trademarks appearing on this Site are the property of their respective owners.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other sites or resources that are provided solely for your convenience. Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery is not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources linked to the Site, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Transactions that occur between you and any third party are strictly between you and the third party and are not the responsibility of Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery. Because Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of these outside resources or their contents, you should review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these linked sites, as their policies may differ from ours.
Linking to the Site and Social Media Features
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
The Site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Site.
Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Site.
Cause limited portions of content on the Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on the Site that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out in these Terms and Conditions.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
The Site may contain interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Site.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Any User Contribution you post to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of our and their respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant to us that:
You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of our and their respective licensees, successors and assigns.
All of your User Contributions do and will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS VIDEO JOURNAL OF CATARACT, REFRACTIVE, AND GLAUCOMA SURGERY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of interactive features. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
Involve commercial activities which violate any of these Terms and Conditions or which we deem inappropriate in our sole discretion.
Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
Neither Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery, its affiliates, nor any third-party content providers or licensors makes any warranty whatsoever, including without limitation, that the operation of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free; that defects will be corrected; that this Site, including the server that makes it available, is free of viruses or other harmful components; as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Content or other materials on the Site; or as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, availability, suitability, quality, non-infringement or operation of any Content, product or service provided on or accessible from the Site.
THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), ALL OF WHICH VIDEO JOURNAL OF CATARACT, REFRACTIVE, AND GLAUCOMA SURGERY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
To the extent permissible under applicable laws, no responsibility is assumed for any injury and/or damage to persons, animals or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, methods, products or procedures contained in the Site. If the Content contained on this site contains medical or health sciences information, it is intended for professional use within the medical field. No suggested test or procedure should be carried out unless, in the reader's judgment, its risk is justified. Because of rapid advances in the medical sciences, we recommend that the independent verification of diagnoses and drug dosages should be made. Discussions, views, and recommendations as to medical procedures, products, choice of drugs, and drug dosages are the responsibility of the authors.
NEITHER VIDEO JOURNAL OF CATARACT, REFRACTIVE, AND GLAUCOMA SURGERY NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING INFORMATION THROUGH THE SITE. IN NO EVENT WILL VIDEO JOURNAL OF CATARACT, REFRACTIVE, AND GLAUCOMA SURGERY, ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION. VIDEO JOURNAL OF CATARACT, REFRACTIVE, AND GLAUCOMA SURGERY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES) EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery neither endorses nor takes responsibility for any products, goods or services offered by outside vendors through our services or advertised on our system.
Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery aims to keep the Site available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week and to maintain saved information. However, due to technical failures, acts of God or routine maintenance, availability may be limited and/or information may be lost. Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery shall not be liable for lost information or non-availability of the services.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery, including but not limited to its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and licensors harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from your use of the Site or Content.
You acknowledge that U.S. export control laws and regulations apply to the Site, including the Export Administration Regulations of the U.S. Department of Commerce, which prohibit the export or re-export of products and technology to certain countries and persons. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws, regulations and orders, and assume sole responsibility for obtaining any required licenses to export or re-export products or technology.
The Site is controlled, operated and administered by Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery from our offices within the USA. If you access the Site from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the Site or any content accessed through the Site in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
Governing Law and Venue
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio, U.S.A., without regard to its conflicts of law principles. You hereby submit to and agree that the sole jurisdiction and venue for any actions that may arise under or in relation to the subject matter hereof shall be the courts located in the state of Ohio, U.S.A.
No waiver by Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery of any term or condition set forth in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Video Journal of Cataract, Refractive, and Glaucoma Surgery to assert a right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions will continue in full force and effect.
Last revised: 27 August 2018